Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was started in the year 2008 with an intake of 60, with an objective of imparting quality education in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. EEE is the oldest of the engineering streams, and its applications are many. SVSGOI provides this important course for undergraduates, and there are many benefits to joining it.EEE covers the topics of both the electrical and electronic subjects. So, these students can get into jobs in any one of those streams. The number of career prospects for this group is huge, and it is the reason for many people to join this course. These students are offered high salaried jobs, especially in the public sector. They are needed in the power industry, electrical machine industries, etc. A number of private companies also offer lucrative job roles for these engineers. Due to this requirement, SVSGOI gives a special preference to EEE, and we had built a special base for this group. The laboratories, faculty, etc. for this group are top-notch, and we chalk out various industrial tours, seminars workshops, etc. for the benefit of our students.EEE is one of the core streams of engineering, and it is required in any case. Hence the demand for this group never decreases, and it is the steadiest stream ever. You should join this course in SVSGOI due to the stated benefits.
VISION OF THE DEPART,MENT
To be a center of excellence, focusing on high-quality technical education, research skills, and technical services with global competence to succeed in employment and higher education having ethical, social, and entrepreneurial aspects with lifelong learning to cater to the needs of the stakeholders with multi-disciplinary approach
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
To impart high-quality technical education by providing the core instruction, state-of-art laboratories and preparing the students with cognizant knowledge, analytical skills, design and development of solutions, effective communication skills, research and services of global competence with the attitudes of ethical, social and entrepreneurial aspects, lifelong learning with a multi-disciplinary approach and to succeed in employment and higher education satisfying the real time needs of the stakeholders
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS)
PEO1: Prepare graduates to have knowledge and competency for careers in and related to Electrical and Electronics Engineering
PEO2: Prepare graduates to become leaders in fields related to Electrical and Electronics Engineering
PEO3: Prepare graduates to pursue higher education in Engineering or other Professional fields
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOS)
PS01: Our graduates will be able to apply their technical knowledge and take on higher responsibilities in industry, academics and diverse fields of Electrical engineering.
PSO2: They will be in a position to pursue a continual path of professional development, interspersed with advanced education and continuing enhancement programs, relevant to their specific career goals
PSO3: They will be able to channelize their knowledge base, business links and social contacts into socially beneficial. They will be able to channelize their knowledge base, business links and social contacts into socially beneficial activities
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO) :
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change